"As the Father sent me, so I send you."
John 20:21 provides not only our mandate for participation in God's mission, but also for our model. We are sent into the world in the same manner as Jesus Christ was sent into the world: as incarnational witnesses, living a relational lifestyle, so we might proclaim and demonstrate the good news of the gospel and walk alongside people in their journey of discipleship. The Mission Ministry provides leadership for the corporate participation of the West Hills congregation in God's mission. The Mission Ministry facilitates the establishment, championing, and celebration of mission partnerships, areas of outreach and the events/opportunities to build relationships through and with them. The Mission Ministry also provides support and encouragement for West Hills members pursuing personal missional callings.
1. It is not the church of God that has a mission in the world, but the God of mission who has a church in the world.
2. It is God's mission in which we participate, not our own. We seek to be responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and to recognize the movement of the living God in a person or place before we arrive.
3. We are to give an incarnational witness! We are sent into mission in the same manner as Jesus Christ went into the world, as servants, demonstrating and proclaiming the good news of the gospel.
- 0Total Volunteers
- 0Donations (past 10 years)
- 0Mission Trips
Our strategic partners and areas of outreach:
- Abide (Omaha, NE)
- Westgate Community (Omaha, NE)
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (Nebraska)
- The 410 Bridge (Jeanton, Haiti)
Our supporting partners:
- Heartland Hope Mission (Omaha, NE)
- Christian Heritage Foster Care (Omaha, NE)
- The Evangelical Theological Seminary in Cairo (Egypt)
- The Outreach Foundation (USA)
- Scott & Elmarie Parker (Middle East)
Our sponsored partners:
- Young Life (Omaha, NE)
- The Navigators
- North Omaha Good News Bears (Omaha, NE)
- For His Children (Quito, Ecuador)